On Sunday June 28, 2015 we begin a new series on The Lord’s Prayer. Jesus taught us to pray. Consequently, prayer is so central to our faith. When His disciples asked Jesus to teach them to pray, Jesus was specific and yet comprehensive in his response. The prayer he taught them was one he re-purposed from a traditional Hebrew prayer. When Jesus retooled this prayer he made sure it was a community prayer. We will take a number of weeks to look at the phrases of the Lord’s Prayer to understand what it is we are to be praying. and how does it apply to the circumstances to our lives today. Here is how will look at the prayer week-by-week.
- Our Father who is in heaven
- uphold the holiness of your name.
- Bring in your kingdom so that your will is done on earth as it’s done in heaven.
- Give us the bread we need for today.
- Forgive us for the ways we have wronged you, just as we also forgive those who have wronged us.
- And don’t lead us into temptation, but rescue us from the evil one.
Come join us on Sundays at 8:15am (traditional) or 10:45(contemporary) for worship. These are the words of LIFE.