Welcome to Second Avenue United Methodist Church!
We are a growing and active church, striving for the transformation of Lives in Jesus Christ. We would welcome an opportunity to get to know you and to experience the faith journey with you. We invite you to explore what this church is all about – through this website, with a phone call, or in person at one of our worship times or small groups
Easter Sunday on April 21st, Second Ave. UMC will have two worships services a Sunrise service at 7 AM and one combined service at 9:30 AM.
A few great events coming up:
- The Summer months are upon us and during that time are schedule is a tad different. Please note that Pastor Brian will begin teaching a Sunday school class on Spiritual Warfare on Sunday July 7 at 9:45 AM. The class will meet in the Narnia Room. The children’s Sunday school will be combined for the summer months, and there won’t be a nursery at 9:30, but a nursery will be staffed for our 10:45 worship service.
- This year Second Ave. UMC Vacation Bible School will be held on June 17-21. For information, questions, or to register please either call the office or contact our Children’s Ministry Director: Shanda Keith.
- Rise Up Sports and Theater Camp are back this Summer! The dates are 6/24-6/28 for both camps. Sports camp will be held at Second Ave. Church during the morning and theater camp will be held at Champion Life Church in the afternoon. The audition for theater camp will be held on 6/21. If you cannot attend the audition but would still like to participate in theater camp please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 943-2072 and ask for Brian.
- Second Ave. United Methodist Church will be opening a new food pantry to help feed the hungry in our neighborhood and city. The next two dates for the food pantry will be on June 21st and July 19. If you are in need you are welcome to receive food from our pantry. You will need a photo ID and a piece of mail with your name on it to sign up and receive food. The hours are from 11-3. The following day Second Ave. Church hosts a soup and sandwich luncheon for the neighborhood in our social hall. This free luncheon is open to all. The next two soup luncheons are on June 15 and July 20.
- Second Ave. United Methodist Church has a clothing ministry, The Hope Chest. This ministry seeks to bless our neighbors and many in our city and beyond with free, lightly used clothing. To set up an appointment for our Hope Chest please call the church office at 943-2072.
- If you are looking to know more about what we do please like us on Facebook at this link: https://www.facebook.com/2ndaveumc/
There are many great opportunities to worship and get involved today! Consider visiting us one Sunday at 8:15 or 10:45. You are also invited to join one of our many growing Sunday school classes and small groups. Please call the church office to get a current list of small groups and Sunday school classes.
(Picture from our food packing event on March 10, 2018 where we packed 20,000 meals partnering with Rise Against Hunger)
CONSIDER VISITING US
A note from the Pastor:
Second Ave. United Methodist Church is a place for all people. We invite you to come worship with us, walk through life together with us, and together may we continue to grow in the knowledge and likeness of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. If you do need more specifics about visiting 2nd Ave. Church please continue reading below.
If you are thinking of visiting us, there is plenty of parking in our four parking lots. Worship leaders will not publicly introduce you as a visitor or require you to speak to the congregation. We won’t ask you to participate in singing or prayers – unless you wish to. You may sit wherever you wish and just observe -whatever is most comfortable for you. We will welcome you quietly and with God’s love.
Our Sunday morning worship times last about an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes. If you are thinking of visiting us, we encourage you to come as you are. There is no dress code, please dress comfortably. If you have any questions please call the church office at 814-943-2072, email at email@example.com, or contact Pastor Brian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to see what our 1045 worship is all about please copy and paste this link: https://www.facebook.com/2ndaveumc/videos/1552720461428217/
Email us at Second Ave: email@example.com