Welcome to Second Avenue United Methodist Church!
We are a growing and active church, striving for the transformation of Lives in Jesus Christ. We would welcome an opportunity to get to know you and to experience the faith journey with you. We invite you to explore what this church is all about – through this website, with a phone call, or in person at one of our worship times or small groups
Easter Sunday on April 21st, Second Ave. UMC will have two worships services a Sunrise service at 7 AM and one combined service at 9:30 AM.
A few great events coming up:
- Our winter Sunday school schedule includes five adult Sunday school classes, two youth classes, one teen class, and many small groups! Our Thursday morning Bible study meets most Thursday from 10 to 11:30 AM, we are studying the book of Hebrews beginning January 2019. You are welcomed and encouraged to attend. If you have any questions about what is offered please call our church office at 943-2072.
- The R.O.C.K, our Wednesday after school kids’ program, is in full swing. Your child is invited to attend! If you have a child from Pre-K to 12th grade we would LOVE for them to be a part of this amazing after school program which meets Wednesday during the school year from 4:30 to 7 PM. Please call the office at 943-2072 for more details or to register your child today. Please note that youth from 7th to 12th grade attend the Refuge Youth Network, and our transported from church to Refuge.
- 2nd Ave. Church’s Youth Group is in full swing and will run mos throughout the school year. The youth meet at the church from 4 to 6 PM, and this is open to any youth from 7th to 12th grade, you don’t have to be a member of the church to attend. The youth have attended retreats, lock-ins, concerts, basketball games, and enjoy a weekly meeting with games, a compelling Bible lesson, fellowship, and more!!
- Second Ave. United Methodist Church will be opening a new food pantry to help feed the hungry in our neighborhood and city. The next two dates for the food pantry will be on March 15th and April 19th. If you are in need you are welcome to receive food from our pantry. You will need a photo ID and a piece of mail with your name on it to sign up and receive food. The hours are from 11-3.
- Second Ave. United Methodist Church has a clothing ministry, The Hope Chest. This ministry seeks to bless our neighbors and many in our city and beyond with free, lightly used clothing. To set up an appointment for our Hope Chest please call the church office at 943-2072.
- If you are looking to know more about what we do please like us on Facebook at this link: https://www.facebook.com/2ndaveumc/
There are many great opportunities to worship and get involved today! Consider visiting us one Sunday at 8:15 or 10:45. You are also invited to join one of our many growing Sunday school classes and small groups. Please call the church office to get a current list of small groups and Sunday school classes.
(Picture from our food packing event on March 10, 2018 where we packed 20,000 meals partnering with Rise Against Hunger)
CONSIDER VISITING US
A note from the Pastor:
Second Ave. United Methodist Church is a place for all people. We invite you to come worship with us, walk through life together with us, and together may we continue to grow in the knowledge and likeness of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. If you do need more specifics about visiting 2nd Ave. Church please continue reading below.
If you are thinking of visiting us, there is plenty of parking in our four parking lots. Worship leaders will not publicly introduce you as a visitor or require you to speak to the congregation. We won’t ask you to participate in singing or prayers – unless you wish to. You may sit wherever you wish and just observe -whatever is most comfortable for you. We will welcome you quietly and with God’s love.
Our Sunday morning worship times last about an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes. If you are thinking of visiting us, we encourage you to come as you are. There is no dress code, please dress comfortably. If you have any questions please call the church office at 814-943-2072, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact Pastor Brian at email@example.com.
If you would like to see what our 1045 worship is all about please copy and paste this link: https://www.facebook.com/2ndaveumc/videos/1552720461428217/
Email us at Second Ave: firstname.lastname@example.org